Monday, February 18, 2013

Getting To Know Us



We'd like you to get to know the Tomboys and Tomboy lovers that are behind the scenes at TomboyTeez.com a littler better. We'll talk to designers, artists, podcasters, booth volunteers, shirt models, marketers and everyone else!


Here's our first installment of Getting To Know Us

Artist Kimber Grobman

Kimber Grobman is responsible for the art of some our original designs. We sat down with her recently and talked Teez.

How did you get involved with TomboyTeez?
One day I was walking my dog and I passed by Cat's house, I started chatting with her girlfriend, telling her that I was an artist, she immediately introduced me to Cat and the rest was history! :)

Which Teez did you design?

What does being a tomboy mean to you?
That I can do anything I want! I don't have to conform to being a
girlie girl. Most of all I can play with power tools and look kick ass
doing it!

If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be?
I would be a Giraffe, I'm pretty short so it may be nice to have a
different perspective on things!


Riot Girl

Which TomboyTee is your favorite?
Riot Girl for sure! Its the first one I did for TomboyTeez and its
very much my style that I love to draw in, PLUS she's a bad ass!



What advice do you have for young aspiring graphic designers?
Keep at it, draw, draw and draw some more! Draw till you think your fingers will fall off. Don't get discouraged by a lot of No's, for
every 50 No's you'll get 1 Yes but it may be the best yes you could

ask for! Always try new things and don't be afraid to approach things from every possible angle, you'd be surprised what people will be drawn to!

You can check out Kimber's website and her TomboyTeez are linked below.

No comments:

Post a Comment